Site Selection Procedures
The site selection for the next FCYPAA will be done in an open meeting following the bid session on the second day of each year’s FCYPAA. The successful bid shall be selected using the 3rd legacy voting procedure as outlined in the AA Service Manual. Each member of the Advisory Council will have a voice and vote on site selection. An opening statement will be read outlining the format of the meeting and the procedure for keeping order.
The three standing committees will operate as the Bid Book Committees.
These Sub Committees are responsible to hold a meeting prior to the date of the conference for their committee to discuss the summary of findings from each Bid Book submitted to the Council. The Chairman is responsible to present a report of those findings at the Business Meeting Friday of the Conference.
Although there are three different committees it is still each members responsibility to read though each bid book to assure that each bid committee has meet the bid committee responsibilities. Friday of the conference we will meet as a body to discuss the summary of findings.
During the Bid Committee Discussion at the Friday Business Meeting each Council Member will have 2 minutes to answer each of the following questions as it relates to that particular Bid Committee:
- a. Hotel: Viability of contracts
- b. Treasury: Program, Projected Budget, and events
- c. Service: Registration, Outreach and Unity
Once discussion has ended, the council will adjourn until Saturday morning.
- i. What have we learned about this bid committee so far?
- ii. What do we like the most about this bid committee?
- iii. What concerns do we have about this bid?
- iv. What is this bid’s greatest strength?
- v. Do we think that this bid committee is capable for hosting FCYPAA next year, why or why not?
Bid Committees will have 20 minutes to present their bid skit. The Advisory Council will take this time to highlight the positive perspectives of the committee as well as address any unanswered questions or issues relating to the bid.
Ending the Bid Skit Presentations the Advisory Council will enter into a working lunch lasting 90 minutes. During this working lunch the second round of 2 minute sharing will commence, answering the same questions regarding each Bid Committee.
After returning from break following the Bid Skit Session the Council will convene inside the main ballroom for opening voting.
The new host committee will be announced immediately upon tallying the votes.
- A. The Chairperson will read a statement explaining our voting procedures and the next step in the voting process.
- B. Each Council Member will then be allotted 2 minutes to address to the open forum, “What factors were most important to them individually when choosing a host committee.”
- C. After each Member addresses the group the Council will move directly into 3rd Legacy Voting Procedure in the selection of the next Host Committee.